The Objectives of the Pāuatahanui Residents Association
1. To act as a voluntary organisation supported by its members to promote development beneficial to the whole community of Pāuatahanui (this includes Pāuatahanui, Paekakariki Hill and Judgeford, all adjacent rural localities of Porirua City) by organising and participating in projects designed to:Maintain or improve the community and its environment for all residents, while preserving its rural character and scenery
- Promote the advancement of environmental protection or improvement to its rivers and waterways, with particular emphasis on the Pāuatahanui Inlet
- Encourage residents to preserve and protect its flora and fauna
- Preserve, protect and record the unique history of the area, both Maori and European
2. To do all of the above in cooperation with existing or new organisations that are involved in each area.
3. To cooperate with other Residents Associations in the Porirua area on wider issues involving local residents.
4. To do all such things as are incidental or conclusive to the attainment of the above objectives.